
Well, well, well, Ty and Cole, you have succeeded (yet again) at busting the hinge on big mama's Nextel phone. Please know that I haven't bought a 'new' phone in some 4 year. After a week of frantically fliping open the darn thing, as the ear piece dangles somewhere down by my chin, and a red and blue wire connecting the two pieces (which one do I cut....red means fire??) Josh finally gives in and sends me the O.K. to trek to the cell phone store in search of a new phone (yippee, perhaps one with a camera?!). I can almost hear the new call of my cell phone...'a ring tone by Rihanna!' I quickly decide. I cant wait for my phone to ring, cell, ring.
Ok, I get to the shop and, yay, these phones are, shall we say 'Up-to-date'! I close my eyes and visualize the word FREE stamped on the wall under a metalic pink slim slide phone. Ummmm, not the case today. Returning Nextel customers pay a hefty chunk of change to keep their contract, all the while Nextel lures young, unsuspecting new customers into their web of pricyness with a 'FREE PHONE'. What gives?! If I wait 4 months for my contract to be up they offer me the 'incentive' of a 'discounted' phone. Yes this pink, shiny,slim line phone will be virtually given to me. I sullenly refuse to pay the mark-up on the stinking phone, as I shuffle back to the car empty handed.....well, except for the shredded piece of metal I hold up to my ear as I rant about the situation to anyone who will listen......Or anyone who can hear me talk into not just a basic one piece cell phone but two halves of an i710!
So that brings me to the punchline: (God bless you , Jen, for giving me your 'probably first-cell-phone-ever') I am now the proud owner of a circa 1980 Nextel phone.......Oh, don't pretend you don't know which one I am talking about....two words......green screen. In the world of phones the size of MatchBox cars, this thing is the size of a paperback novel, and the weight of a full can of Coke. Oh yes, your reading this correctly, I got the hook up. Who needs the fun-new-pink-shiny-wonderfull-camera-slim-slide-Rihanna-ring-tone-phone?! Hello, vintage is in! This rotary dial works like a dream and has great reception because, (lucky for me) the extendable antenna is 6 inches long. I know; when you see me cruise by chatting up my peeps with this clasic model, you'll probably be jealous. But that probably isn't why you don't get a return to your text, it may be because this thing was around before text was invented, but don't quote me on that.
Does anyone know where this thing plugs in?
Ring, celly, ring
1 comment:
HAHAHA....I'm sorry hunny. I love you
Post a Comment