Today is a new day, newer and fresher than yesterday. Still, I arise to greet this morning with two giant gaping holes in my living room ceiling, 5 giant fans, and one torn up wood floor. Then two children begin puking. All. Over. The. Place. Add in one toddler trying to potty train herself, missed the potty, slipped and fell in it (after bathtime was done, let me mention), two other children fighting over an orange crayon, and at least two dozen wet towels from yesterday that need to be washed before the mildew sets in. All while today, as I am honored to be hosting a baby shower 45 miles away for my own baby sister. In the back of my mind I think of the photo orders that need to be completed yet, and are yet to come. In my peripheral vision I see the bathroom sink which is filthy. I see piles of my husbands work socks which are yet to be matched. I hear the front screen door slam shut and see my preschooler out on the front porch without permission.
All this being said, no, God does not give us more than we can handle: life and sin DOES. That's why I need Him and cling so closely to my precious Jesus. I cannot do this alone. I cannot handle this alone. HE CAN. I am no Super-Mom. I'm at best an average mom with a Super God.
Praise be to the Lord, to God our Savior, who daily bears our burdens.
Psalm 68:19
No comments:
Post a Comment